LONTAR #6: The Journal of Southeast Asian Speculative Fiction
This sixth issue of LONTAR presents speculative writing from and about Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Philippines, Cambodia and Laos.
Inside these pages, you’ll find:
- the high cost of cheap footwear by celebrated novelist and translator Ken Liu;
- the consequence of domesticating mythical beasts by rising star Eka Kurniawan (translated by Asymptote’s Indonesia Editor-at-Large, Tiffany Tsao);
- a mind-bending familial space opera by Victor Fernando R. Ocampo;
- the connection between a talented girl and the toys she brings to life by JY Yang;
- a break-up that descends into artistic oblivion by Jennifer Anne Champion;
- an academic examination into the legend of Bukit Merah by award-winner Ng Yi-Sheng;
- a comic on the consuming danger of the manananggal by Budjette Tan & Kajo Baldisimo;
- and speculative poetry from Jonel Abellanosa, Ang Si Min, Russ Hoe, Desmond Kon Zhicheng-Mingdé, Christina Sng, Sokunthary Svay, Krishna Udayasankar, Brendan Walsh and Marco Yan.
LONTAR is the world’s only biannual literary journal focusing on Southeast Asian speculative fiction. Our contributors have won major literary awards in Singapore, USA, UK, Taiwan, Japan and the Philippines.
Dimensions: 165 (L) x 215 (W) mm
Pages: 128 pp